Because we are the First and Only survey research firm that:
Why Reconnect Research?
- Includes the “Silent Majority”; people that are missed in other surveys
- Receives over 5 million Random Nationwide INBOUND calls monthly from among the 200+ million Americans that use a phone
- Produces unweighted demographics that closely mirror the U.S. population
Our Senior Methodological Advisor, Paul J. Lavrakas, Ph.D. is one of the world’s top survey research experts, was the former Chief Survey Methodologist for Nielsen Media Research, was past President of The American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) and was the recipient of the 2019 AAPOR Lifetime Achievement Award, in particular for his work the past 35 years advancing telephone survey methods. Dr. Lavrakas is a highly quoted author of numerous scientific survey research papers and books and co-authored the seminal research paper about RICS, published in the premier academic survey research & public opinion journal, Public Opinion Quarterly, Oxford University Press (2019).
RICS surveys are fully customizable to provide accurate answers to important questions.
Results comparable to high quality probability phone surveys.
Half the cost of surveys with similar accuracy.
Complete over 10,000 surveys a day.
RICS sample includes hard-to-reach people: 65+, low income, low education, African Americans & Spanish Dominant Hispanics.
Target national, regional and local geographic areas.
Reduces Social Desirability Bias
Eliminates the social desirability biases associated with interviewer-administered data collection.
Not subject to the same fraud and data quality issues found in Internet panels—RICs surveys are spontaneous without pre-intention.
How RICS Works
Of the billions of calls placed in America monthly, a small, yet surprisingly representative, percentage do not reach their intended destination, such as when people call a non-working number. Rather than playing an error message, telecom carriers forward over 5 Million of these calls a month to Reconnect Research and we invite these callers to participate in a survey. Reconnected Inbound Call Sampling (RICS) enables us to complete over 250,000 surveys a month.
What You’ll Get
You’ll be the first to know what people are thinking, what they are currently doing, and what they plan to do in the future. RICS answers important questions, such as; “Who will be our next President? When will people start traveling? When will people start frequenting retail establishments? Who will subscribe or cancel online subscription services?” While our work for the government and commercial clients is confidential, below are two publicly available RICS studies that accurately predicted future events.
- In March 2020 when the CDC reported that about 50K people had Coronavirus we accurately forecasted that millions of people would contract the virus in our March 2020 Covid-19 research report.
- In 2016, while we were still refining RICS, CNBC reported that we were the most accurate among 7 polls covered in the Florida Presidential primaries, beating out CBS News/YouGov and Quinnipiac. Hillary Clinton received 64.4 percent of the vote, and our poll had her at 65 percent.